VELISTA® fungicide is the broadest spectrum SDHI labeled for anthracnose in the golf market. Spring and fall are ideal seasons to clean up greens, tees and fairways. In addition to controlling anthracnose, Velista™ also protects against dollar spot, brown patch and more. When used in rotation or in combination with other fungicides, Velista™ delivers excellent control of summer stress diseases on greens when temperatures rise. Read more.
Label & SDS Summary
Active Ingredient: Penthiopyrad
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan
Turf, On Golf Courses, Turfgrass, Turfgrass, recreational
- Offers broad-spectrum disease control in an SDHI fungicide.
- Penthiopyrad exhibits translaminar and xylem systemic movement on treated turf
- The water-dispersible granular (WDG) formulation allows for easy mixing and application
- Provides disease control for 14-21 days
- Outstanding control for spring and fall clean-up
- Excellent control of summer stress diseases
Mode of Action
Velista® controls turf diseases by blocking respiration through a mode of action different from other fungicides on the market. The inhibition of respiration stops spore germination and mycelia growth.Mode of Action: Mitochondrial respiration inhibitor
Class of Chemistry
Velista® contains the active ingredient penthiopyrad and is formulated as a water-dispersible granular (WDG). The WDG formulation allows for easy mixing and application to turf. One bottle treats one acre at the 15g rate.
FRAC Group: 7
Case Size: 6 x 624 g jugs
Case Coverage: 2.4 - 4 ha (6 - 10 acres)