SUBDUE MAXX® controls Pythium Root Rot, Pythium Blight, and Pythium Damping-off. Its long residual activity of up to 21 days combined with a low cost per 100m2 allow it to provide outstanding Pythium control for all seasons. Subdue Maxx contains Metalaxyl-m and s isomer at a guarantee rate of 240 g/L. Read more.
Label & SDS Summary
Active Ingredient: Metalaxyl-M, S-isomer
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan
Conifers, Greenhouse Peppers, Greenhouse Tomatoes, Ornamentals, Poinsettia, Sod Farms, Turfgrass
- For resistance management of Pythium Blight control, Subdue MAXX can be alternated with Heritage.
- Low use rates: Small amounts are required to do the job.
- Subdue MAXX can be used on all cool-season turfgrass species.
- Subdue MAXX is highly soluble and will penetrate into the soil to give good root protection.
Mode of Action
Subdue MAXX stops pathogen growth by inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis. Subdue MAXX enters the turfgrass in two ways:
- By Systemic Action - Subdue MAXX is absorbed the roots and translocated throughout the entire turfgrass plant where it lasts up to three weeks. Subdue MAXX cannot be washed off by rain because it is inside the plant.
- By Contact Activity - Some of the Subdue MAXX remains on the surface of the soil and is absorbed onto the soil particles and organic matter, where it controls pathogens on contact.
Mode of Action: Inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis
Class of Chemistry
Subdue MAXX contains the active ingredient Metalaxyl-M and its S-isomer at 240 g/L, formulated as a microemulsion concentrate (MEC.)
FRAC Group: 4
Case Size: 4 X 1 L jugs
Case Coverage: 1.25 - 2.5 ha (3 - 6 acres)
16 - 32 mL / 100m2
Application interval: 7 - 21 days
For Pythium blight and Pythium root rot, use 10 to 20 L of water per 100m2.
For Seedling disease use 20 - 40 L of water per 100m2.
SUBDUE MAXX Fungicide provides control of Pythium blight and Pythium damping-off in golf course turf. Within the rate labelled for turf, use the lower rate for the shortest interval listed and the higher rate for the longest interval. Under severe disease conditions, use the highest rate and shortest interval specified. Boom height must be 60 cm or less above the crop or ground.
- Fill half of the required water volume in the spray tank, and begin agitation.
- Follow the www.WALES mixing sequence for all tank mixes.
- Add the required amount of Subdue Maxx Fungicide to the tank and allow time for the product to disperse.
- Finish filling the tank to the desired volume to obtain the proper spray concentration. Maintain agitation throughout the spraying operation
DO NOT make more than 3 applications of SUBDUE MAXX Fungicide per season.