New Ascernity™ fungicide delivers two proven and rotational chemistries in a pre-mix product that helps bridge the gap between simpler management and a diversified program
Label & SDS Summary
Active Ingredient: Benzovindiflupyr and Difenoconazole
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan
- Two rotational chemistries within Ascernity™ allow superintendents to diversify their management programs without having to make extra purchases
- Ascernity™ provides an easier way to cover off a range of the most pressing diseases
- A simple, single rate simplifies the process of treating multiple turf areas
Mode of Action
Ascernity™ combines two modes of action, each with broad-spectrum disease control, with built in resistance management.
Mode of action:
Solatenol®, a SDHI, actively inhibits respiration.
Difenoconazole, a DMI, impacts ergosterol biosynthesis.
Class of Chemistry
Ascernity™ is a broad-spectrum soluble concentrate (SC) containing Solatenol® and difenoconazole. It has preventative properties and provides control of major turfgrass diseases.
IRAC Group: 7, 3
Ascernity™ fungicide is for use on turfgrass. When used as recommended, Ascernity™ is well tolerated by all common turfgrass species.
For Control Of:
- Anthracnose (Colletotrichum cereale)
- Microdochium Patch (Microdochium nivale)
- Red thread (Laetisaria fuciformis)
- Brown Patch (Rhizoctonia solani)
- Dollar Spot (Clarireedia jacksonii)
Case Size: 2 x 3.78 L jugs
Case Coverage: Each case will cover 2.4 ha (6 acres).
Apply Ascernity™ at 31 mL/100 m2 or 3.1 L/ha
Apply in sufficient water to ensure thorough coverage; 4-8 liters of water per 100 m2 is recommended.
Begin applications when conditions are favourable for disease infection and/or prior to disease symptom expression. Under conditions of high disease pressure, use the shortest retreatment interval.
Anthracnose, Microdochium patch or red thread: 14 days
Brown patch or dollar spot: 14-21 days
WALES Symbol: S
- Fill the spray tank one-half to two-thirds full with clean water and begin agitation.
- Add the required amount of Ascernity™ to the tank, allowing time for good dispersion.
- Finish filling the tank to the desired volume to obtain the proper spray concentration.
- Maintain agitation throughout the spraying operation.
- Do not allow spray mixture to stand overnight or for prolonged periods.
Make up only the amount of spray required for immediate use. Sprayers should be calibrated before application and thoroughly cleaned immediately after application.
- Do not use silicone-based products with Ascernity™ fungicide due to possible phytotoxicity.
- Do not apply more than 62 mL product/100 m2/year (6.2 L product/ha/year) on turfgrass.
- Do not apply more than two sequential applications of Ascernity™ fungicide (Group 3 and Group 7 fungicides) before alternating with a fungicide having a different mode of action registered for the same disease.