MEDALLION® offers a new and exciting opportunity to provide outstanding high levels of disease control and exceptional long-lasting results from a modern bio-inspired fungicide that offers innovative Contact+ activity. Fast acting MEDALLION, utilizing Contact+ activity, targets turf disease pathogens on the leaf, in the thatch and at the soil surface, offering a valuable opportunity to clean up disease and proven to give long-lasting protection in the cooler months from late autumn to early spring. Contact+ activity works to tackle disease with the fast knockdown of pathogens on the leaf, in the thatch and at the soil surface. This utilizes the outstanding fungicidal activity of fludioxonil with maximum efficiency. Research has demonstrated that MEDALLION targets turf disease pathogens present on the leaf, and in the thatch and soil surface. Targeting pathogens in the thatch knocks down spore numbers and reduces disease pressure. Read more.
Label & SDS Summary
Active Ingredient: Fludioxonil
Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan
Greenhouse Cucumbers, Greenhouse Ornamentals, Greenhouse Peppers, Greenhouse Tomatoes, Ornamentals, Ornamentals, Outdoors, Turf
- Bio-inspired by naturally occurring soil organisms, the antifungal pyrrolnitrin produced by Pseudomonas pyrocinia soil bacteria, which stop fungi from developing.
- An extremely effective contact fungicide, Medallion® bonds onto the leaf wax layer, ensuring it won't be washed off by rainfall or irrigation while providing long-lasting results.
- Research has demonstrated that Medallion® targets turf disease pathogens present on the leaf, and in the thatch and soil surface. Targeting pathogens in the thatch knocks down spore numbers and reduces disease pressure.
Mode of Action
The exciting Contact+ activity of Medallion® takes effect on the leaf, thatch and soil surface. This utilises the outstanding fungicidal activity of fludioxonil with maximum efficiency. The suspension concentrate formulation delivers reliable, broad spectrum control of several key turf diseases including Anthracnose, Brown patch, Leaf spot and Fusarium patch.
Mode of Action: Disruption of cell membrane function
Class of Chemistry
Medallion® contains fludioxonil - a long lasting contact fungicide belonging to the phenylpyrrole chemistry group that provides broad-spectrum activity against a wide range of turf diseases.
Biochemically, fludioxonil inhibits spore germination and growth of germ tubes, stopping fungal growth, at a time when disease spores are most sensitive and before penetration of plant tissue causes leaf damage and spoils surface quality.
FRAC Group: 12
Medallion® is formulated for use on golf course tees, greens and fairways.
For Control Of:
- Microdochium Patch (Microdochium nivale)
- Anthracnose (Colletotrichum cereale)
- Leaf spot (Drechslera spp.)
- Brown Patch (Rhizoctonia solani)
- Brown ring patch (Waitea circinata var. circinata)
Case Size: 2 x 3.78 L jugs
Case Coverage: 1.25 – 2.5 ha (3.1 - 6.2 acres)
3 - 6 L / Ha
2.0 - 8.0 L water / 100m2
For best control, use as a component of an integrated disease management program.
Begin applications when conditions are favourable for disease infection and prior to disease symptom expression.
Apply after mowing.
Medallion® is especially suited to provide a rapid reduction in fungal inoculum while providing long-lasting protection in the cooler months from autumn to spring. The knockdown of turf disease pathogens in the thatch and soil surface, through Contact+ activity, reduces the reservoir of pathogens and the potential risk of disease attack.
Nozzles: Syngenta XC 025, Syngenta XC 04, Syngenta XC 08, AI 11008
Medallion® is usually compatible with many tank-mix partners registered for use on turf such as Daconil 2787.
If tank mixes are desired, observe all directions, precautions, and limitations on labeling of all products used. Do not combine Medallion®in the spray tank with pesticides, surfactants, or fertilizers; unless compatibility charts or your own prior use has shown that the combination is physically compatible, effective, and non-injurious under your conditions of use. To determine the physical compatibility of Medallion® with other products, use a jar test.
- DO NOT enter or allow entry into treated turf areas until Medallion®is dry.
- DO NOT apply more than 180 mL product / 100m2 / year (18.0 L product / ha / year) on turfgrass.